POSITION AVAILABLE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE – SUMMARY
QUEEN’S UNIVERSITY – CASUAL STAFF
POSITION TITLE: Scientific Writer
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible.
Reporting to the Principal Investigator (PI), the incumbent will prepare and draft manuscripts and grants in support of research projects affiliated with the Cardiovascular Imaging Network at Queens (CINQ).
- Conduct literature reviews using electronic library databases (pubmed, web of science). This will involve looking up references and books, and summarizing articles.
- Interpret and summarize data from a variety of sources in a clear and concise manner.
- Write scientific manuscripts and review articles.
- Write grant proposals.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in a health related field, biology, or biochemistry.
- Proven scientific writing skills (peer reviewed publications).
- Knowledge of statistical analysis (software – JMP, SPSS).
- Scientific writing, demonstrated through peer reviewed publications.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Organizational and time-management skills.
- Interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Knowledge and experience with Queen’s Research Ethics Boards is an asset.
- Knowledge of medical terminology an asset.
If interested please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: June 28, 2017